If you’ve been following along with our 31 Days to Get Organized series, today’s task may be a nice change of pace. We’re going to spruce up our primary knitting and crochet spaces at home.
One of the beauties of knitting and crochet is that you can do it anywhere. It’s a wonderfully portable activity. Despite that, many of us do most of our knitting and crochet at home. And you probably have only one or two main places that you do the bulk of your work. Maybe it’s a favorite chair in your living room, knitting or crocheting while you watch t.v. Or you might have a corner in a sunny part of the house with great light. Or you may be fortunate enough to have a whole room just for your crafts where you can really spread out.
Step back a take a look at your knitting and crochet spot with fresh eyes. Note the things that have been bugging you. Some things to think about:
– Do you have adequate light to see your work easily?
– Do you have enough nearby storage for the things you use frequently?
– Is it a comfortable place to sit for an extended time?
– Do you have enough horizontal space to spread out if necessary?
– When you look at the space, how does it make you feel? Happy, overwhelmed, excited?
– Do you prefer to work away from the everyday hubbub, or do you like to be in the middle of the action?
Ideally, you want to create a workspace that is comfortable and inviting. To improve your space you might need to change it’s location, rearrange some furniture, or simply get a brighter lightbulb.
If you’ve been watching our organizing thread on Ravelry, you’ll have seen jbtraveler‘s before and after photos of her knitting space. She didn’t make drastic changes to her space, but enough small changes that makes it more functional and enjoyable place to work. I love seeing everyone’s progress.
If you’re looking for more inspiration for your knitting and crochet spaces at home, check out our Craft Spaces Pinterest board for more ideas.
Where is your favorite place to knit and crochet at home?
Latest posts by Dena (see all)
- Tuesday’s Knitting and Crochet Tip – Using a Salad Spinner - November 5, 2013
- Tuesday’s Knitting Tip – Start with the Sleeves - April 2, 2013
- 31 Days to Get Organized: Wrap Up! - February 1, 2013