This week Kathy talks with Kate Atherley about her 4th, and newest book, The Beginner’s Guide to Writing Knitting Patterns.
After years working as a tech editor Kate began to compile some of answer to questions she regularly encountered in the process of pattern writing. She sees designing and pattern writing as two separate skills and this is a guide for helping designers articulate their instructions. She also gives resources for photography and pattern layout.
Steve’s Yarn Picks of the week:
- Deborah Norville Collection – Everyday Soft
- Deborah Norville Collection – Everyday Heathers
- Deborah Norville Collection – Serenity Garden
- Jojoland Grazioso
- Katia Cotton Merino
- Katia Merino Silk
- Cascade Pacific Chunky
- Cascade Mondo
- Sirdar Sole to Sole – Closeout
- Spud & Chloe Fine – Disc Colors
- Spud & Chloe Sweater - Disc Colors