I am excited to announce a very special knitting retreat. As many of you know, Pixie left us last summer to retire to her cottage in France. Although she was sad to leave, I think we were all just a tad bit envious. Although the move meant her departure from WEBS she promised it was not her departure from the knitting world.
Pixie will be hosting a Knitting Retreat in Normandy this spring. Although I’ve never been to France, April in Paris is known to be magical so I’m sure this retreat that is planned for May will be equally magique!
The tour will depart Boston on Monday, May 16, 2011 for a 10 tour of tour of Normandy & Paris along with knitting classes taught by Pixie and guest teacher Beth Brown-Reinsel.
The package includes:
- hotel accommodations for 8 nights, centrally located in three and/or four-star hotels, rooming is double based
- all breakfasts, two lunches & three dinners
- round-trip transportaiton on scheduled airline, airport arrival trans day 1-2, airport departure transfer day 10
- Fiber related excursions include tours of the Bayeux Tapestry Museum, the Conservatory of Bayeaux Lace & a guided tour of the Mohair Barn in Bernesq.
- Historical sighseeing to D-day Beaches, Honfleur & Paris including dinner on the Eiffel Tower are just some of the non-fiber highlights.
Knowing Pixie there will be a few surprises a long the way, lots of laughter and great education!
You can find full details at www.passports.com and trip ID is ABENOIST2011.
Anyone thinking of going?
P.S. This is not a WEBS sponsored event.
photos courtesy of www.passports.com