Kirsten and Kathy chat about the fall photoshoot and how she came up with the collection of projects.
Check out the behind the scenes video!
Steve’s Yarn Picks
CAL – Valley Cowl
Pattern is laid out with the notes and special stitches on the first page, so you have to go to the second page to know exactly how much to chain.
Foundation double crochet! Not as hard as you think it is
– Directions are very clear as to exactly where to put your hook (through the face of the chain and under the nub) Sounds weird, but makes a lot of sense when you’re looking at your chain
– I found an Addi hook to be the most useful, nearly a necessity: the head is pointy and narrow and fits into the chain easier than other hooks.
– Doing the foundation double crochet exactly as directed makes a very clean edge and the resulting chain is really flexible and stretchy
Gauge is given in Foundation Double Crochets, which is very handy. You can check your gauge as you’re starting your project!
Latest posts by Mary (see all)
- Holidays in July: Planning Ahead, So You Won’t Stress Later - July 1, 2015
- I Love a Good Mystery - June 3, 2015
- Valley Yarns Spring Baby Sets eBook - April 22, 2015