Ready, Set, Knit #236: Kathy talks with Caro Sheridan & Stitchy McYarnpants; Steve’s Yarn Picks of the Week
Guests: Caro Sheridan and Stitchy McYarnpants share what’s up next for them – a self-published collection online. Caro also discusses the photography that she has been doing for knitting designers, Cooperative Press, and Knitty (check out Amy Herzog’s design in Valley Yarns Sheffield). She is also considering teaching some classes, so make sure you stay tuned to our class schedule in the future.
Steve’s Yarn Picks
- S. Charles Diamante
- Arucania Rinihue
- Opal Rainforest 7
- Opal Sport
- Cascade 220 Tweed Closeout
- Cascade Pastaza Discontinued Colors
- Cascade Pima Tencel Closeout
- Lexie Barnes Lady B Closeout
- Lexie Barnes Flo Closeout
- Lexie Barnes Coco Closeout
- Lexie Barnes Libby Closeout
- Lexie Barnes Pearl Closeout
Spinning and Weaving Week at WEBS
October 3 – 8
Join us as we celebrate Spinning and Weaving Week at Webs, America’s Yarn store. We will be hosting a week of activities, demonstration and classes to highlight these fiber crafts. Featured during the week will be:
• Daily demonstrations (free) from 11 – 1
• Mini Workshops ($5 each) from 2 – 4
• Spinning Open House on Tuesday October 4 from 6 – 9
• Meetup Day all day Wednesday
Daily Demonstrations 11am – 1pm, free
Each day we will demonstrate weaving or spinning in many forms including spinning wheel, inkle weaving and others. Schedule to come.
Mini Workshops 2 – 4 pm, $5
These mini workshops will offer a taste of spinning and weaving techniques.
Monday: Rigid Heddle Weaving for Knitters
Tuesday: Loom Dressing
Thursday: Drafting for Spinners
Spinning Open House Tuesday 6 – 9 pm
The store will be open late Tuesday night in conjunction with the monthly meeting of the local spinning group. We will have a demonstration of the various wheels available at Webs, the store is open for shopping and it’s a great time to visit with other spinners and meet the local group.
Meetup Day Wednesday
We welcome weavers and spinners from near and far to meet each other and enjoy the company of like-minded fiber fiends. We will have goodie bags, raffles, a room with refreshments to hang out in and more! Barbara Elkins, Webs founder, will give a demonstration of weaving on a computer loom from 11 – 12 and Gail Callahan, the Kangaroodyer, will demonstrate dyeing roving for spinning from 12 – 1. We encourage people to bring show and tell and look forward to lots of laughter and fun.
Latest posts by Mary (see all)
- Holidays in July: Planning Ahead, So You Won’t Stress Later - July 1, 2015
- I Love a Good Mystery - June 3, 2015
- Valley Yarns Spring Baby Sets eBook - April 22, 2015