Ready, Set, Knit #237: Kathy talks with Assistant Store Manager Leslie Ann about National Spinning & Weaving Week
Guest: Leslie Ann Bestor, our Assistant Store Manager tells us about what’s going on at WEBS for National Spinning & Weaving Week October 3-9.
Join us as we celebrate Spinning and Weaving Week at Webs, America’s Yarn store. We will be hosting a week of activities, demonstration and classes to highlight these fiber crafts. Featured during the week will be:
- Daily demonstrations (free) from 11 – 1
- Mini Workshops ($5 each) from 2 – 4
- Spinning Open House on Tuesday October 4 from 6 – 9
- Meetup Day all day Wednesday
Daily Demonstrations 11am – 1pm, free
Each day we will demonstrate weaving or spinning in many forms including spinning wheel, inkle weaving and others. Schedule to come.
Mini Workshops 2 – 4 pm, $5
These mini workshops will offer a taste of spinning and weaving techniques.
Monday: Rigid Heddle Weaving for Knitters
Tuesday: Loom Dressing
Thursday: Drafting for Spinners
Please sign up for this on our website.
Spinning Open House Tuesday 6 – 9 pm
The store will be open late Tuesday night in conjunction with the monthly meeting of the local spinning group. We will have a demonstration of the various wheels available at Webs, the store is open for sjhopping and it’s a great time to visit with other spinners and meet the local group.
Meetup Day Wednesday
We welcome weavers and spinners from near and far to meet each other and enjoy the company of like-minded fiber fiends. We will have goodie bags, raffles, a room with refreshments to hang out in and more! Barbara Elkins, Webs founder, will give a demonstration of weaving on a computer loom from 11 – 12 and Gail Callahan, the Kangaroodyer, will demonstrate dyeing roving for spinning from 12 – 1. We encourage people to bring show and tell and look forward to lots of laughter and fun.
Steve’s Yarn Picks
- Louisa Harding Simonetta
- Cascade 220 Fingering
- Be Sweet Medium Brushed Mohair
- Rowan Alpaca Chunky
- Artful Yarns Vineyard Closeout
- Reynolds Rapture Closeout
- Great American Yarns Merino Cashmere Closeout
- Noro Iro Discontinued Colors
Knit & Crochet for the Cure – Sunday, October 2, 2011, 1pm-4pm
Visit the store and we’ll be creating projects to donate to the Cancer Connection.
Latest posts by Mary (see all)
- Limited Edition Knitter’s Pride MarblZ Designer Set - November 10, 2014
- Planning a Trip to WEBS? Where to Stay - August 13, 2014
- Extra Savings on Closeouts from Universal Yarn - July 16, 2014