Guest: Kate Atherley, author of Beyond Knit & Purl. Kate studied mathematics and has always been a knitter. She worked in the tech industry for 15 years and knit throughout. 10 years ago she started teaching knitting. Kate created the book as a follow-up to the questions she receives after teaching someone the basics of knitting.
The book is available online as a digital PDF and also available as a physical copy.
Steve’s Yarn Picks
- Schoppel Wolle Zauberwolle
- Classic Elite Sanibel
- SMC Select Reflect
- Regia 4 Ply Design Ombre Stripe by Kaffe Fassett
- Jojoland Baritone Closeout
- Aslan Trends Pima Clasico Closeout
- 2/8 Worsted Closeout
KAL with Kirsten
It’s a simple, straight-forward hat. You’ll need just one ball of Valley Yarns Northampton in red. For the cast on, Kirsten recommends knitting the first couple rows of the ribbing flat, and then joining it. This way, it’s easier to join in the round without twisting. Next week, Kirsten will get into the stitch pattern.
Facebook Party will be Friday, February 17th from 3:00pm-4:00pm. Ask us questions and we’ll be online answering your questions.
Latest posts by Mary (see all)
- Ready, Set, Knit! 476: Kathy talks with Patty Lyons - February 11, 2017
- Ready, Set, Knit! 475: Kathy talks with Mary Beth Temple - February 4, 2017
- Review & Giveaway: The Knitting All Around Stitch Dictionary - May 11, 2016