They chat about her early work as a visual merchandiser and freelance art director and the fateful trip to her local yarn shop in 2006 that began her knitting career.
Julie also talks about her design esthetic, the importance of seams for the structure and framework they add to a garment as well as their use as decorative detail.
Julie’s first design collection for Manos del Uruguay, a mix of garments and fashionable accessories, will be available soon.
Steve’s Yarn Picks
- Blue Sky Alpacas Metalico
- Knit Collage Rolling Stone
- Knitting Fever Tricor Lux
- Circulo Sensual Paete
- Trendsetter Yarns Summit
- Classic Elite Yarns Color by Kristin
- Studio Tricot Cedrone Closeout
- Clones Irish Lace event and demonstration with Maire Treanor in store on July 28th
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Valley Yarns Pattern Feature – Banded Yoke Pullover - September 30, 2014
- Ready, Set, Knit! 373: Kathy talks with Margaret Radcliffe - September 27, 2014
- Flares and Graces by Fiona Ellis - September 25, 2014