Guest: Leslie Ann Bestor, Assistant Store Manager at WEBS talks to Kathy about all of the events we have planned for Spinning & Weaving Week October 1-7, 2012.
Join us as we celebrate National Spinning and Weaving Week at WEBS – America’s Yarn store. We will be hosting a week of activities, demonstrations and classes to highlight these fiber crafts. There will be a 10% discount in-store (in-stock only) on spinning and weaving tools and equipment during the week.
Featured during the week will be:
• Daily demonstrations (free) from 11am – 1pm
• Mini Workshops ($5 each) from 2pm – 4pm
• Meetup Day all day Wednesday
Daily Demonstrations 11am – 1pm, free
Each day we will demonstrate weaving or spinning in many forms including spinning wheel, inkle weaving and others. Schedule to come.
Mini Workshops 2pm – 4pm, $5 each
These mini workshops will offer a taste of spinning and weaving techniques. Click the links to register.
Monday: Spinning Exotic Fibers
Tuesday: Rigid Heddle
Thursday: Inkle Weaving
Meetup Day Wednesday
We welcome weavers and spinners from near and far to meet each other and enjoy the company of like-minded fiber fiends. We will have goodie bags, raffles, a room with refreshments to hang out in and more! Barbara Elkins, Webs founder, will give a demonstration of weaving on a computer loom from 1pm – 3pm. We encourage people to bring show and tell and look forward to lots of laughter and fun.
Steve’s Yarn Picks
- Valley Yarns BFL Fingering Hand Dyed by the Kangaroo Dyer
- Valley Yarns BFL Worsted Natural
- Valley Yarns Superwash DK – 3 new colors
- Valley Yarns 5/2 Bamboo – 8 new colors now in stock
- Noro Mossa
- Debbie Bliss Paloma – 6 new colors
- Juniper Moon Farm Findley – 6 new colors
- Kraemer Sterling Roving
- Ashland Bay Merino Bamboo Silk Top
- Ashland Bay Merino Cashmere Top
- New Madelinetosh and Malabrigo shipments coming soon
- Knitter’s Pride Karbonz are coming soon too!
Latest posts by Mary (see all)
- Holidays in July: Keeping Track of it All - July 21, 2015
- Holidays in July: Which Project? What Yarn? - July 15, 2015
- No New Ready, Set, Knit This Week – What are you listening to? - July 11, 2015