Guest: Kathy and our Berroco Rep., Andra Asars, discuss the New Spring yarns from Berroco.
Fuji – worsted silk/cotton blend, almost a tweed or marled effect due to the fibers taking the dye differently
Maya(Andra’s current yarn crush!) – a chainette construction pima cotton/baby alpaca blend soft and machine washable with beautiful drape
Karma – bulky cotton in a fish net construction, like the ruffle yarns, but meant to be knit as a classic yarn.
The cover sweater, Niche, from Norah Gaughan Collection Vol. 12 is knit in Maya.
Additional patterns are published throughout the season and can be found in Knitbits.
Steve’s Yarn Picks
- Art Yarns Silk Essence
- Cascade Cash Vero Closeout
- Cash Vero DK Closeout
- Cascade 220 Quatro Closeout
- Stylecraft Life Dk Closeout
- Stylecraft Life Chunky Closeout
- SMC Highland Alpaca Fino Closeout
- SMC Alpaka Closeout
Reminder: Our Class schedule for the Winter Spring semester, Jan – Apr, is live.
Pre-Game Sunday Escape, Feb 3rd from noon-4:00PM
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- How to Wear It – The Park Pullover - March 30, 2015
- Ready, Set, Knit! 395: Kathy talks with Amy Herzog - March 28, 2015
- Ask WEBS – changing color in crochet - March 24, 2015