The book began as a seasons worth of project ideas for Knitting Daily TV and there was so much to work with that it made sense to turn it into a great reference book for edgings and borders.
The book is divided into sections for edgings worked from the top down, the bottom up and side-to-side. There is also a pattern section featuring garments and accessories where the fabric is actually constructed from edgings!
Kathy loves the Luxor Blanket and the Palmira Shawl crochet in our own 2/14 Alpaca Silk.
Finer Edge Giveaway!
Leave a comment on our post as well as on Kristin’s Blog to win a signed copy of The Finer Edge as well as a Prize pack containing the yarn and hook to make the Palmira shawl, a bottle of Eucalan in Kristin’s Wrapture scent and a $25.00 WEBS Gift Card. Comments are open through Thursday, Feb. 7th and the winner will be announced here on Saturday Feb 9th.
Steve’s Yarn Picks
- Rowan Magazine 53
- Rowan All Seasons Chunky
- Rowan Softknit Cotton
- Debbie Bliss Luxury Silk Dk Solids
- Debbie Bliss Luxury Silk Dk Prints
- Debbie Bliss Luxury Silk DK Pattern Booklet
- Classic Elite Provence Discontinued 100g Closeout
- Cascade 220 Discontinued Colors Closeout
- Cascade 220 Superwash Discontinued Colors Closeout
- Cascade Eco+ Discontinued Colors Closeout
Reminder: Pre-Game Sunday Escape, tomorrow, Feb 3rd from noon-4:00PM
February 15-18 Debbie Stoller will be at the Rowe Conference Center for a weekend long workshop: Raging Wool
Monday February 18th Debbie Stoller will be at WEBS from 3-5pm! She’ll be teaching a one hour lace workshop and then signing books. The class is free but Registration is required.
Two weeks from today, on Feb 16th, we will air Show #300! To celebrate we will be giving away three $300 gift cards. You must be on the e-mail list to participate, join here. We will be e-mailing a short survey, this Tuesday – February 5th, and filling it out will enter you in the contest. The winners will be announced on the 300th episode.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Gifts to Give – for the Spinner - November 20, 2014
- Valley Yarns Pattern Feature – The Coppice Cardigan - November 19, 2014
- Snow Family KAL! – Week 3 - November 18, 2014