Guest: Kathy talks with Sally Melville about her new book, Knitting Pattern Essentials: Adapting and Drafting Knitting Patterns for Great Knitwear.
This book is about adapting patterns to make sure that you’ll get something you love but it also helps you to draft patterns to create garments you’ll really wear. Beginner knitters can use the book to check measurements and patterns for basic fit. Intermediate knitters can see if sleeves were drafted to fit well and Advanced knitters can liberate themselves from patterns entirely.
Chapter 8: Fabrics, Finishes and Fixes is particularly useful, and Sally’s favorite chapter! This chapter helps you to clarify and fulfill the sometimes cryptic instructions in patterns. In this book you won’t find instructions for how to do things like long-tail cast-on but you will find instruction on when to use that cast-on.
Steve’s Yarn Picks
- Jojoland Splatter Dash
- Fancy Tiger Crafts Heirloom Romney
- Aslan Trends Lecco
- Misti Alpaca Baby Me Boo Closeout
- Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Sock Discontinued Colors Closeout
- Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Tonos Pima Silk Discontinued Colors Closeout
The Rivers’ Family Music Meltdown and Book Bash! is happening today, here in Northampton. Check it out if you’re in the area!
Thanks to everyone that came out during the storm to see June Hemmons Hiatt.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Ready, Set, Knit! Flashback - August 30, 2014
- WEBS is forty tapestry by Micala Sidore - August 27, 2014
- Valley Yarns Pattern Feature – Laurentide Pullover - August 26, 2014