Guest: Kathy talks with Donna about her path into the knitting world, she began as a computer tech writer and at the prompting of a friend began to transfer to writing about something she loved – knitting! She now writes books and teaches as well as tech editing for independent designers and translating German knitting books into English. She has a new book in the works on knitting in Lithuania with history, culture and telling that culture’s story through knitting; similar to her book Arctic Lace.
Donna has also worked to develop 2 different apps for iPad and iPhone. First there was the Knit Companion app and her newest is Travel the World of Knitting with embedded stitch video tutorial and a collection of new patterns.
Steve’s Yarn Picks
39th Anniversary Sale Highlights
- Plymouth Yarns Trabajos del Peru
- Classic Elite Pirouette Discontinued Colors
- Classic Elite Seedling Discontinued Colors Solids and Handpaint
- Classic Elite Sprout Discontinued Colors
- Classic Elite Yarns Fresco Discontinued Colors
- Liberty Wool Discontinued Colors Solids and Prints
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Valley Yarns Pattern Feature – Banded Yoke Pullover - September 30, 2014
- Ready, Set, Knit! 373: Kathy talks with Margaret Radcliffe - September 27, 2014
- Flares and Graces by Fiona Ellis - September 25, 2014