Amy talks about how she began with a series of online tutorials that she called Fit to Flatter which became a wonderful class and is now a fantastic book! Knit to Flatter teaches you how to understand that the shape of your body, and not so much your numerical measurements, has a bigger impact on what garments look best on you and how to choose the right shapes to enhance your best features.
The Stoker pattern from Knit to Flatter, featuring Valley Yarns Stockbridge.
She also reminds us that it’s OK to use a pattern you really like as a starting point, altering it to fit your shape and that yarn choice make a big difference in the final garment.
Please join us on June 6th to meet Amy, celebrate the release of the book and get your own copy signed!
Steve’s Yarn Picks
- Berroco Ultra Alpaca
- Lang Jawoll Magic Degrade – perfect for the Wingspan pattern
- Classic Elite Soft Linen
- Classic Elite Fresco
- Grignasco Loden
- Rowan Fine Lace
- James C. Brett Marble Chunky
- Debbie Bliss Rialto DK
- Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool
- Noro Kama
- Filatura di Crosa Nirvana
- Louet Gems Fingereing
- Valley 5/2 and 10/2 Cotton
- Valley Yarns 20/2 Silk
- Collingwood Rug Wool
Today is the last day to stop in the store, or place an order online, and have 5% of your purchase count towards the One Fund Boston.
The annual Tent Sale on May 18th and 19th.
The Third Annual I-91 Shop Hop is happening June 27-30th.
The New England Weavers Seminar (NEWS) is happening July 11-14, on the Smith College campus.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Valley Yarns Southwick featured in Knitscene Summer 2014 - April 23, 2014
- Customer Spotlight – Malabrigo Blanket - April 21, 2014
- Ready, Set, Knit! 353: Kathy talks with Brooke Nico - April 19, 2014