Guest: Kathy talks with Sarah about one of the new titles from Cooperative Press, Stitching in the Stacks: Librarian Inspired Knits. Sarah was in school taking course in library sciences when she picked up knitting. She has been designing since 2005 and putting this book together has been great fun for her. The book contains 29 patterns that range from cardigans to shawls, accessories and even skirts.
Sarah designed the Book Woman Jacket, knit in our very own Valley Yarns Berkshire, after discovering the story of the Book Women; the original book mobiles! Sent out during the 1930’s into rural Appalachia, these women rode horses, or mules, up to 20 miles per day to bring books and literacy into the mountain communities.
Steve’s Yarn Picks
- Hikoo Kenzie
- Kidsilk Haze Eclipse
- Universal Yarns Classic Shades Frenzy
- Classic Elite Allegoro – Closeout
- Classic Elite Cricket – Closeout
- Classic Elite Pebbles – Closeout
Our Fall class schedule will be live on the website on Monday and arriving in mailboxes soon after, classes begin in mid-September.
Labor day weekend is just 2 weeks away! WEBS will be open normal hours on Saturday, 10:00am – 5:30pm but closed on Sunday Sept. 1 and Monday Sept 2. for the holiday.
Registration has opened for our 7th Annual Bus Trip to the NY Sheep & Wool Festival in Rhinebeck on October 19th!
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Get Ready to Choose Your Own Adventure! - June 22, 2016
- Valley Yarns Charlemont - June 20, 2016
- Ready, Set, Knit! 448: Kathy talks with Andra Asars - June 18, 2016