This week Kathy talks with WEBS Marketing Coordinator, Sara Delaney, about the October KAL/CAL.
Kathy and Sara discuss the October KAL/CAL happening in the All Things WEBS group on Ravelry, this month’s theme is Stuffed Toys.
What are we making?: knit and/or crocheted stuffed toys
What’s the timeline?: Begin anytime in October, post your finished pictures in the October KAL/CAL Entry thread by 10/31 at noon Eastern.
What’s the prize?: One randomly selected entry will be chosen and will receive a $50 WEBS gift card.
- Must be a member of the All Things WEBS group.
- Must be a stuffed animal (or monster, doll, etc.) – knit or crocheted (or both).
- Must cast on October 1st (or after) and finish by October 31st at noon Eastern.
- Must include a photo of the finished object in the KAL/CAL Entry thread. Only one entry (post) per project, but you can enter with more than one project. Just create a new post with the picture.
- We encourage you to use a yarn (and/or) pattern that you’ve purchased from us, or one that we carry (your handspun is okay too), but it isn’t required.
- We will lock the thread at noon Eastern on October 31st and the winner will be chosen randomly and posted the next day.
You can find a great selection of knit toy patterns here, crochet toy patterns here as well as the Valley Yarns Creatures! both knit and crochet. And check out our Pinterest Board for even more ideas.
Coming up in November we’ll be running a KAL with our NEW! Safe Passage Set. All proceeds from the sale of this pattern go to Safe Passage. Get your copy of the pattern and yarn today so you can cast on November 1st!
Steve’s Yarn Picks:
- Madeline Tosh ASAP
- Cascade Pacific
- Opal Rainforest 9
- Frabjous Fibers BFL Sparkle
- Universal Yarns Classic Worsted Tapestry – Closeout
- Rosetti Polaris – Closeout
- Universal Yarn Spiceberry – Closeout
- Filatura di Crosa Tiffany – Closeout
- Plymouth Jelli Beenz – Closeout
- Laines du Nord Romeo – Closeout
- Queensland Alpaca Bamboo Soft – Closeout
Adventures in Yarn Farming Book signing with Barbara Parry, November 14th from 6:30 – 8:00pm
Ready, Set, Knit! listeners are you up for a challenge?! The KnottyGirls Knitcast issued a challenge and started the Ravelry Podcaster Throwdown. They claimed that their listeners will turn in more hats for Halos of Hope by the end of Stitches West 2014 than any other podcast out there. You all know that Kathy has a competitive streak a mile wide and can’t resist a challenge! Steve has even stepped in and said that he will ship all the collected hats to Stitches West! Here’s what you need to do:
Make as many knit and/or crochet hats as you can (check here for preferred fibers and free patterns) and get them to us by February 1, 2014. Make sure each hat and package is labeled with “Team RSK!” Please mail all packages to:
We are no longer accepting donations of hats – please send all hat donations to
Halos for Hope
20987 N. John Wayne Pkwy
Maricopa, AZ 85139
If you’re posting about your progress on Facebook or Twitter please use #PodcastThrowdown. And please join the Podcasters Throwdown Group on Ravelry and show your support in the Team RSK thread! If you’ve sent in hats let us know who you are.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Get in on the Mystery and Fun! - January 26, 2015
- Ready, Set, Knit! 387: Kathy talks with Fiona Ellis - January 24, 2015
- Fiona Ellis – a Designer in Residence in her own words - January 22, 2015