This week Kathy talks with Louisa Harding
Louisa calls in from VK Live and chats with Kathy about her early days taking pattern cutting courses at college and bringing her knowledge of sewing and garment making to the art of hand knitting.
She also talks about the long road from seeing new yarns at an industry trade show to designing, photography and bringing them to market. Louisa is lucky enough to work with her photographer husband to bring an easily identifiable look and feel to her brand.
Steve’s Yarn Picks:
- Cascade 220 Superwash Discontinued Colors - Closeout
- Cascade Greenland – Closeout
- Cascade Yarns Jewel – Closeout
- KFI Cashfine
- Rowan Silkystones
- Rowan Cotton Glace
- Valley Yarns 40th Anniversary Valley Superwash DK – hand dyed by Madeline Tosh
- Dedicated Patterns
Our 8th Annual Big Game Day Escape, Feb. 2nd from 12-4
We’re collecting Hats for Halos of Hope. Our thanks to everyone that has already sent in hats, keep ‘em coming! You can now make a donation in lieu of hats and help out as well! Each $5.00 contribution counts as 1 hat in our total. Donations can be made here.
Make as many knit and/or crochet hats as you can (check here for preferred fibers and free patterns) and get them to us by February 1, 2014. Make sure each hat and package is labeled with “Team RSK!” Please mail all packages to:
We are no longer accepting donations of hats – please send all hat donations to
Halos for Hope
20987 N. John Wayne Pkwy
Maricopa, AZ 85139
If you’re posting about your progress on Facebook or Twitter please use #PodcastThrowdown. And please join the Podcasters Throwdown Group on Ravelry and show your support in the Team RSK thread! If you’ve sent in hats let us know who you are.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Ready, Set, Knit! 417: Kathy talks with Dave Van Stralen - October 3, 2015
- Spinning tips – Navajo or Chain plying - September 28, 2015
- Ready, Set, Knit! 416: Kathy talks with Jody Richards - September 26, 2015