This week Kathy talks with Deborah Tomasello, author of Wrapped in Color: Stranded Knitting in the 21st Century. Deborah talks about growing up, learning to knit and rediscovering knitting in her adult life.
She also talks about bringing her book to the market and how stranded knitting can seem daunting but it is almost as simple as stockinette.
Spring 2014 Catalog is online now! If you’re on the mailing list it should be arriving in your mailboxes this week. If you’re not on the mailing list you can request a catalog here. This one is jam-packed with over 20 new yarns for Spring, a great editorial piece on the founding of WEBS and our first ever eBook: Soft Landing.
WEBS will be open regular hours, 10:00am – 5:30pm, on Presidents’ Day, Monday February 17th.
Steve’s Yarn Picks:
- Grignasco Knits Sahara
- Plymouth Yarns Cottonation
- HiKoo Simplinatural
- HiKoo Rylie
- HiKoo CoBaSi
- Mirasol Nuna Fina
- Plymouth Yarn Royal Llama Silk – Closeout!
- Plymouth Yarn Happy Feet DK – Closeout!
- Plymouth Yarns Adore – Closeout!
- Plymouth Dreamland – Closeout!
- Noro Nadeshiko – Closeout!
- Noro Mossa – Closeout!
- Araucania Tolten – Closeout!
Stitches West, next week! February 20-23 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Choose Your Own Adventure – Hat KAL: Week 4 - July 26, 2016
- Valley Yarns 2/14 Alpaca Silk - July 25, 2016
- Ready, Set, Knit! 452: Kathy talks with Kate Atherley - July 23, 2016