This week Kathy talks with Brooke about her new book, Lovely Knitted Lace. The book contains 16 projects, with 4 basic shapes and is great for beginners who may be fearful of lace to more advanced knitters.
Brooke talks about becoming a knitwear designer and running the Kirkwood Knittery, in St. Louis MO, as well as teaching at industry events like Stitches.
Steve’s Yarn Picks :
- Lorna’s Laces Masham Worsted
- Dream in Color Jilly
- Prism Yarns Euroflax Linen Layers
- SMC Select Reflect
- SMC Select Egypto Cotton – Discontinued Colors
- SMC Catania Fine Color
- SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Cotton
- Jenny Watson Pure Merino DK
- Misti Closeouts – HUGE inventory!
Thanks to everyone who made it out to Boston or who sent in their donations to the Boston Strong Hat Project event! Laura sent us the following update:
As the marathon comes closer, I wanted to say Thank you again for your support of the Boston Strong Hat Project.
At the Knit in at the Old South Church on Boylston Street in Boston this past Saturday, we had an amazing day.
Four Marathon survivors also came and stayed for the whole knit in, telling people how much the hats have meant to them.
One woman drove to Boston from Albany, New York to drop off a Boston Strong Scarf based on the Boston Strong Pattern.
The Old South Church has received over 5,000 scarves to distribute to the athletes.
Their project has gone viral and they are receiving scarves from far and wide.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Designer in Residence – the Superwash Hat and Scarf from Doris Chan - October 6, 2015
- Ready, Set, Knit! 417: Kathy talks with Dave Van Stralen - October 3, 2015
- Spinning tips – Navajo or Chain plying - September 28, 2015