This week Kathy talks with Jane, Co-Owner of Schacht Spindle Company with her husband Barry since 1969. Jane has recently published a new book, Woven Scarves with co-author Stephanie Flynn Sokolov.
This is a follow up to her previous title, the Weaver’s Idea Book, and makes a perfect pairing for the new and intermediate weaver using a rigid heddle loom. These project start with plain weave and then explore stripes, plaid, different yarns to use, and so much more.
Steve’s Yarn Picks :
- On-Line Supersocke 4-ply Neon Color
- Sublime Luxurious Tweed DK
- Misti Alpaca Closeouts
- 40th Anniversary Huntington hand dyed by Lorna’s Laces!
Anniversary Sale Yarns through April 30th:
- Cascade Eco Wool – retail prices go up on May 1st!
- Rowan Fine Art Aran
- Plymouth Yarns Boku
- Tahki Yarns Kismet
The Anniversary Sale continues but the April Sale yarns go back to their regular prices on May 1st and then a whole new selection of yarns are available.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Ask WEBS – Hemstitching - January 27, 2015
- Get in on the Mystery and Fun! - January 26, 2015
- Ready, Set, Knit! 387: Kathy talks with Fiona Ellis - January 24, 2015