This week Kathy talks with first time guest Fiona Ellis. Fiona studied fashion design with a concentration in knitwear and specialized in hand knits – no programming knitting machines for her! She used to design Ready-to-Wear for mass production but made the switch to hand knit patterns when her first patterns appeared in Vogue Knitting in the late 90’s. Fiona specializes in colorwork and cables and her patterns include charts as well as written instructions. You can see the majority of her designs on Ravelry. Two of her latest feature Valley Yarns, Sugarbeach from Twist collective knit in Valley Yarns Longmeadow and Blue Helix from Knitter’s Magazine knit in Valley Yarns Colrain.
Check out Fiona’s website for even more designs!
Steve’s Yarn Picks :
- Frabjous Fibers – Stripey Batt
- Wonderland Yarns Chesire Cat 5-pack
- Grignasco Knits Camel Hair – Closeout
- Grignasco Knits Loden – Closeout
- Ella Rae Yarns Calluna – Closeout
- Mirasol Yarns Hasa – Closeout
- Silk Garden Sock – Discontinued Colors
Stop by and check out current the Classic Elite Yarns Trunk Show.
Laura Militzer Bryant, Prism Yarns Trunk Show and Book Signing June 6th and 7th.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Ready, Set, Knit! 383: Kathy talks with Yonca Ozbelli - December 20, 2014
- WEBS Gift Cards - December 18, 2014
- The Long Collared Vest by Sally Melville - December 16, 2014