This week Steve talks with his parents, Art and Barbara, about WEBS’ transition from our Kellogg Ave. location in Amherst to our current location at 75 Service Center Rd. Northampton.
In the early 90’s mail order was busy, their little parking lot was always full, and the shop was packed full of customers and yarns. They were bursting at the seams and there were warehouses full of yarn all over the valley.
They talk about trying to find a larger location in Amherst and ultimately deciding to look in Northampton where they found our current building, which had been occupied by the Telephone company and housed their offices and their garage.
And Art tells Steve how yarn.com came to be.
Steve’s Yarn Picks :
- Valley Yarns Northfield hand dyed by Malabrigo! – Limited Quantities so get them while you can!
- 3rd Quarter Valley Yarns Designs using the Northfield dyed by Malabrigo
- Classic Elite Mohawk Wool
- Plymouth Gina Chunky
- Adriafil Stella Jacq
- Tahki Zona
- Tahki Mesa
Convergence is next week in Providence RI, and hasn’t been in New England in over 20 years!
Northampton Sidewalk Sale, July 24th – 27th – stop in the store for great deals and specials. – In store only.
Join us for the Shibui Mix Yarn Party on July 29th from 6-7:30 pm – There is a $10 fee for this event, and space is limited so be sure to register today!
July 30th from 10am – 3pm we’re hosting an American Red Cross Blood Drive at the store. Please sign up in advance, there is limited space available, but walk-ins will also be welcomed!Visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS today to schedule an appointment.
Aug. 7-10 – Stitches Midwest in Schaumburg Ill
Stop by and check out current the Classic Elite Yarns Trunk Show.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Are you ready to spin? It’s Tour de Fleece time! - June 29, 2015
- Ready, Set, Knit! 405: Kathy talks with Leslie Ann Bestor - June 27, 2015
- Ready, Set, Knit! 404: Kathy talks with Andra Asars - June 20, 2015