Happy New Year!
- Touch 2 Ply Merino
- Touch Mohair/Merino 2 Ply
- Berroco Comfort Baby
- Louet Riverstone Bulky Restock
- Fiesta Pearl Drops Closeout
- Fiesta Kokopelli DK Closeout (coming soon!)
- Fiesta Meteor Closeout
- Dream in Color Classy
New Spring yarns start rolling in now, so be sure to listen to find out what’s new in the store.
Knitalong with Pixie: 2008 in Review
We got through many of the skills on our list. Pixie thought that 2008 was a fantastic year for sweaters. Her favorites include:
- Yin Yang Sweater in Knit One Below by Elise Duvekot
- Valour Vest from Rowan Colourscape Chunky Collection
- Eastlake Sweater from Norah Gaughan Vol. 3
- Flow from Norah Gaughan Vol. 2
- Reversible Vest from Knit One Below by Elise Duvekot
- Mystery Sweater from Mason Dixon Knitting: Outside the Lines
You can check out different vesions of these patterns on Ravelry.com.
As we focus on ourselves, take a look at patterns with a different eye. You are the boss of your knitting, so you can change patterns any way you see fit; to suit your taste, your style, and your shape. The pattern is just a guide. If you don’t like something – change it!
Kathy and Pixie are both fans of the Staghorn Tunic that was done as a knitalong in 2008.
Pixie’s Favorite Books from 2008
- Knit One Below by Elise Duvekot
- Essential Guide to Color Knitting Techniques by Margaret Radcliff
- Knitted Lace of Estonia by Nancy Bush
- Mason Dixon Knitting: Outside the Lines by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne
- Knit So Fine by Lisa R. Myers, Laura Grutzeck, and Carol J. Sulcoski
- It Itches! by Franklin Habit