This week the staff is buzzing about…
1. I’m finally admitting I have a fingering-weight yarn obsession. Shibui Staccato is soft and elegant with a faint luster. I love the mix-and-match solid and multi colors, and immediately saw four or five different combos I would love to use. A few skeins have snuck into my stash already (151, 103, and 112) and I’m thinking stripes! > Emma W.
2. Herdy Sheep Banks – Who needs a Piggy Bank when you can have a Sheepy Bank? More adorableness from the Herdy folks. I think I actually let out an audible “squee” when I saw these the first time! > Kathy E.
3. I-91 Shop Hop 2011 – What a weekend! We all had such a great time Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We were so thrilled at the amount of participants that decided to hop along the I-91 corridor. The energy the staff had, and the energy the customers had was incredible. We had fiber enthusiasts from all over joining the party and sharing the fun experiences they had in all of the other shops they visited. We even had people do the hop all in one day! They must have slept well that night! Customers Nancy and Cathy bravely let me snap their picture after all their fun shopping, and to top off their visit when they walked in the store, Melissa LaBarre who happens to work at WEBS noticed that Nancy was wearing one of her designs. Of course Nancy had to have Melissa sign her book New England Knits! We consider the first shop hop a huge success and are so thrilled you all had a great time! > Karen M.
4. This week we held a celebration for the graduates of our Expert Knitter Certification Program. Each garment exhibited was unique and so well crafted! It was wonderful to hear each graduate talk about their design journey. > Tina M.
5. I love my Della Q Lily Crochet Roll. The hooks kept falling out of my old case (different company) but the Della Q roll holds them in nice and securely and doesn’t take up a ton of space. It can hold way more hooks than I could hope to own. I often just keep it in my project bag in case I finish something and want to whip up a small crochet project. > Kirstin L.