This week the staff is buzzing about…
1. Classic Elite Fresco has been sadly overlooked in my opinion. A lightweight yarn with a beautiful color range that has a beautiful halo of angora. This yarn is perfect for colorwork (we used this in Nancy Bush’s Estonian Mittens class) as well as simple projects that showcase the yarn. I made the store sample Capistrano cowl by Fiber Dreams in my favorite color (#45)! Hannah Fettig also uses it in her Knitbot Lightweight Pullover pattern, so soft!! > Cara S.
2. I love flipping through the fall issues of knitting magazines, and it’s even more fun when I see a name I know! Our very own Elisabeth Parker has a design in the Fall 2011 Knitscene! I really enjoy working with Elisabeth, and this cozy menswear-inspired cardigan is adorable in pink and brown and very much her style. > Tina M.
3. A trip to the beach always involves knitting…be it a day or a week…knitting is right by my side. Hopefully I am not driving so I am able to get in some quality time with my needles. I realized this summer that Eucalan is also a staple in my packing. I not only use it to block items while I am away but I am counted on to have it in case anyone needs something washed quickly and I always rinse out my bathing suit after being in the ocean or the pool. > Lise G.
4. Classic Elite Tobaggan – This new bulky yarn is a soft plied bulky yarn with a lofty stitch. I knit the Elf Hat as a store sample from the new Toboggan booklet (#9147). With a single skein of this new squishy yarn you can make this cute pixie-ish little hat too! Your next bulky project will be perfect and cozy in these brilliant colors.> Cara C.
5. Louet Baby Camel Top – Super soft, warm and longer staple than the camel down, this luxurious fiber is currently on my medium weight Schacht spindle, and I’m loving the smooth draft and I can’t wait to ply and finish the yarn! > Ashley F.