This week the staff is buzzing about…
1. Recently I was at Sock Summit. As crazy as it sounds, surrounded by an entire marketplace of gorgeous sock yarn, one skein kept calling out to me – and it was in our booth! Madelinetosh Tosh Sock, in the colorway Kale, was too pretty to pass up that weekend, so I cast on for a hat to help keep my hands busy while we waited for dinner and on the trip home. Knit on size US 5 needles, I am so happy with the drape of the fabric and the crisp stitch definition in the cables. I’m glad this yarn finally caught my eye. > Tina M.
2. A lot of the older issues of Interweave Crochet Magazine are now out-of-print. But The Best of Interweave Crochet includes some of my favorite patterns such as Northern Dream Pullover, Babette, and Luna Sweater. What a great collection! > Dena C.
3. Swans Island Worsted – This gorgeous certified organic merino yarn features all natural dyes. It is an exquisite merino that is worth considering for your next special project. > Kathy E. (Note: Patterns for this yarn coming soon.)
4. The Fibre Company’s completely awesome new yarn, Acadia, felt like knitting with a fluffier, bouncier version of my former favorite yarn of theirs, Terra! I love the rustic texture, gorgeously saturated color, and the sheen from the silk; the complexity of the yarn worked really well with the pattern, Kate Gagnon Osborn’s Avery Cowl, which is a free Ravelry download. I was so sad to give this up, I think I’ll probably be buying enough of this for a sweater sometime in the near future! > Elisabeth P.
5. I have been scoping out my next weaving project for several months. And every time I walk by the weaving samples the Blue & White Striped Dishtowels catch my eye! I just love the feel of the Valley Yarns 8/2 Cotton Linen and the absorbancy it has is incredible. It has been a while since I have woven some towels for myself, I think it is high time for a fresh new set! > Karen M.
Latest posts by Dena (see all)
- Tuesday’s Knitting and Crochet Tip – Using a Salad Spinner - November 5, 2013
- Tuesday’s Knitting Tip – Start with the Sleeves - April 2, 2013
- 31 Days to Get Organized: Wrap Up! - February 1, 2013