This week the staff is buzzing about…
1. Valley Yarns Silver Lining Hat – I just knit this hat for my Dad’s birthday, and it’s perfect! I used Valley Yarns Huntington in black and grey and I love how the hat is reversible. He can wear it as a grey hat with black brim, or black hat with grey brim. It’s a great summer knit but a nice warm and cozy hat. > Grace H.
2. Atenti Betty – These purses are fabulous and I got one as soon as they came in! They are colorful, roomy, and stylish. > Stephanie G.
3. Freia Fine Handpaints yarns – With the flood of new yarns coming in for fall, sometimes it’s all just a blur. But this new yarn stood out immediately as something unique. Freia’s sport and lace weight yarns come in an Ombré color range that is hand painted to create a really long color run. I can’t wait to see what folks make with these yarns. > Dena C.
4. Milk and Honey Lotion Bar – Wonderful fragrance, would be a great foot lotion too! Amazing packaging. I love the “employee of the month”. > Gail C.
5. Shetland Lace Knitting from Charts by Hazel Carter – Even though it looks humble, this is one of my favorite lace books. It lists a large number of traditional garter-stitch based Shetland lace patterns, along with giving you the tools to rearrange those elements into fans, diamonds and chevrons, and it has some very interesting construction methods for shawls and other objects. > Kirsten H.