This week the staff is buzzing about…
1. Knitting Lace by Susanna E. Lewis – More than just a stitch library, though it does feature a wide variety of common and uncommon lace patterns, this book goes further to teach you about the actual structure of knitted lace. A very good read if you’re interested in designing your own lace patterns. > Kirsten H.
2. Clover Knitting Counter (Mini Kacha-Kacha) – Best way to keep row count. Locks so it will not move. Great to attach to knitted garment so it’s right there. > Marion M.
3. Juniper Moon Farm Willa – I’ve never seen mohair like this! The super kid mohair in Juniper Moon Farm Willa is blended into the yarn, creating a soft hand and beautiful sheen instead of that familiar fuzzy mohair halo. The fresh, bright colors would be perfect for children’s projects…Who am I kidding, they’d be perfect for projects for me! > Emma W.
4. Sock Summit 2011 – WEBS will be at Sock Summit in Portland, OR next week! Stop by booths 502-508 and say hi to me, Cara, Kirsten & Tina! We’ll have an amazing selection of yarns from Madelinetosh, Malabrigo, Lorna’s Laces, Dream in Color, Shalimar Yarns plus our own Valley Yarns and many more! In addition to great yarns, we’ll be playing Sock Summit Plinko in the booth for some fun prizes AND if you stop by and are wearing a pair of hand knit socks, we’ll take a picture of your socks and add them to our Wall of Fame! Who will you be wearing?? Marketplace hours are Thursday 4:30-6:30 (registered students only) Friday & Saturday 9-6 and Sunday 9-4. Hope to see you there! > Kathy E.
5. Broomstick Lace Headband pattern by Sara Delaney – I used a skein of the Manos Maxima in the Chrysanthemum colorway, #9644 for the headband project in our recent Broomstick Lace class. The yarn is SO soft and squishy when worked up into the twisted broomstick loops and the color just sings! I may have to make these for everyone on my family for the holidays this year. > Sara D.
Latest posts by Dena (see all)
- Tuesday’s Knitting and Crochet Tip – Using a Salad Spinner - November 5, 2013
- Tuesday’s Knitting Tip – Start with the Sleeves - April 2, 2013
- 31 Days to Get Organized: Wrap Up! - February 1, 2013