This week the staff at WEBS is buzzing about…
1. I love Day Beret pattern from Knitbot’s Snack Size Series. I knit it to go in our holiday catalog and it was so fast. I think I started it on Wednesday and finished it by Friday morning. It’s great to knit over a weekend and add to your box of stashed gifts. I loved working with The Fibre Co. Acadia yarn too. I normally am not a fan of yarn with slubs, but for some reason, paired with the simple hat, I really liked it. I can see knitting another one (or three) in other colors, and maybe even playing with stripes! > Mary K.-H.
2. This knitting technique video I shot with Tina teaches you how to knit cables! I’m about halfway through my first pair of Kelbourne Woolens Give a Hoot Mittens using Valley Yarns Northampton and I’m just about ready to knit my first cable ever! This will be a great resource for me as a new knitter. > Lindsey P.
3. I’m excited to try the SMC Tweed Deluxe. It has and interesting crochet chain construction around a separate fiber core. As a crocheter the idea of crocheting a chain with a crochet chain yarn is so meta! > Sara D.
4. Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Worsted – Every time my sister comes up to visit she gushes about this yarn. Color #630 Bittersweet is her favorite and it’s definitely mine too. It’s super soft, holds up well and it’s great to work with, so it’ll be fun to whip up a Christmas present for her out of this yarn. It’s so soft against the skin, I think a cowl would be perfect. > Grace H.
5. Right now, what’s on my mind is the 8th Annual Hot Chocolate Run for Safe Passage! We’ve got a lot of WEBS staffers signed up for it and Cara and I are trying to gather a contingent of staffers to knit while walking it. > Kirstin H.
Latest posts by Dena (see all)
- Tuesday’s Knitting and Crochet Tip – Using a Salad Spinner - November 5, 2013
- Tuesday’s Knitting Tip – Start with the Sleeves - April 2, 2013
- 31 Days to Get Organized: Wrap Up! - February 1, 2013