This week the staff at WEBS is buzzing about…
1. Anzula Mermaid – A handdyed sea cell and silk blend in generous skeins. Mermaid is a typical Anzula yarn featuring beautiful delicate multi-tonal hand dyed colors. The sheen of this yarn is beyond compare, reflecting the light to deepen the color variation. I’m dying to make a slinky lace something out of this. This would make a mind-melting-ly lovely sweater. > Cara S.
2. The new Interweave Crochet for Fall 2011 arrived this week and I just love the abundance of great projects it has! The whole look of the magazine is fresh and up-to-date. I instantly fell in love with the Lace Canopy Cardi Wrap shown on the cover and was even more delighted to discover it is made using The Fibre Company Canopy, which is a wonderfully cozy yarn. Other projects that caught my eye include Betty’s Tunisian Tee (what a beautiful use of tunisian stitch!), and a cabled baby blanket, the Turtle Tracks Blanket. > Leslie Ann B.
3. The Knitting Book – This new book is a very comprehensive guide. It includes techniques, stitch patterns, and some patterns to knit. It is very nicely illustrated and photographed. > Marion H.
4. More Knit Wits by Katie Boyette – When this book came to my desk, the cover had me hooked right away. The cute and funny monsters and creatures are just begging to be made and added to my collection. Each character has their own personality whether it’s goofy, scary or grouchy! The directions are so clear and even the instructions on how to apply the facial features are step by step and easy to follow. This is a great book to keep on my bookshelf for when I want a fast and fun project. > Grace H.
Latest posts by Dena (see all)
- Tuesday’s Knitting and Crochet Tip – Using a Salad Spinner - November 5, 2013
- Tuesday’s Knitting Tip – Start with the Sleeves - April 2, 2013
- 31 Days to Get Organized: Wrap Up! - February 1, 2013