Using a kitchen food scale is the easiest way to split a ball of yarn exactly in half.
- Weigh the full ball and write that number down so you don’t forget!
- Wind off your yarn until the scale reads half the original weight.
- Cut the yarn and you’ll have two equal balls to work from.
Royal Ball Winder available at yarn.com
This is perfect for using a double-strand for a bulky project or for making sure you have enough yarn for two equally-sized socks.
What if you don’t have a kitchen scale? How have you been able to divide a ball of yarn in half?
Latest posts by Dena (see all)
- Tuesday’s Knitting and Crochet Tip – Using a Salad Spinner - November 5, 2013
- Tuesday’s Knitting Tip – Start with the Sleeves - April 2, 2013
- 31 Days to Get Organized: Wrap Up! - February 1, 2013