– Wrap your unfinished gift and let them open it this way. Depending on how much work you have to do, you can take it back and finish it Christmas day with them there, or take it home and mail it to them in a few days.
– If your hand made gift didn’t make it onto the needles yet, wrap up the yarn and the pattern for them instead. This way they get to see what their gift will look like, and you can take your materials back to finish their gift after Christmas.
– If you still want to keep things a surprise, write out an IOU for the present. A note in a Christmas card telling them to “Stay tuned for an awesome gift!” will let them know they haven’t been forgotten.
Of course, the basis of handmade gifts is the thought. Your loved ones will be thrilled you thought to make them a gift, and will treasure it no-matter when they receive it.
Latest posts by Grace (see all)
- Tuesday’s Tip – Keeping Track of Alternate Increase Rounds - March 25, 2014
- Tuesday’s Crochet Tip – Finger Crochet - March 18, 2014
- Tuesday’s Crochet Tip – Turn a Doily Pattern into a Rug - March 11, 2014
Tags: Tuesday's Tip